Would you look at that! a 5 things this Monday two weeks in a row! I’ve missed writing, and with all this new year energy floating about, some of it seems to have rubbed off!
- It’s definitely not too late to pick up a resolution or two. But not a silly one you know you won’t care about in a few weeks. Pick something small, specific and realistic. This list by OLIO has some great earth-themed resolutions, some of which can be ticked off very quickly.
- An introduction to decluttering. I’m on my way to owning less, but I have to say the festive season has reignited my craving to spend. All the more reason to delve into the blogs and learn more about minimalism! I loved this post, it’s written so conversationally and really hits the nail on the head about why consuming stuff is not the way. Thanks Lauren!
- Great (vegan) news! ASDA has committed to labelling all of its vegan-friendly products with a special logo, starting this month. It’ll be a gradual process as they update their packaging, but I’m all for not having to scour the ingredients list on everything in one supermarket at least!
- Things you may not know about chickens. Before I went vegan, i’ll admit I didn’t really care what I didn’t know about chickens. I didn’t allow myself to learn about animals that I ate because I knew deep down it’d make me feel bad. But now I’m proud to say I respect them for their intelligence, beauty and just for being a fellow inhabitant of this earth.
- The greenest, happiest country in the world? Costa Rica! The top 3 countries on this list are Latin American. I found it interesting to see which countries we need to be looking to for green living tips!